IMS Ghaziabad University Courses Campus, Ghaziabad Uttar Pradesh was established in the year 1990 as Private Educational Institute to provide higher education to build a career in the field of Management, Science and Computer Applications. IMS Ghaziabad University Courses Campus is accredited by NAAC and NAAC-A+, and is affiliated with CCS, Meerut. Management of IMS Ghaziabad University Courses Campus, Ghaziabad is working under Dr. Arun Kumar Singh (Director).
Updated on Sep 14th, 2022
IMSUC came into existence in 1990 to provide quality and the best education in the region. It is a NAAC-accredited and ISO-certified private institute. The college has UG and PG courses with its affiliation to CCS University of Meerut. According to IIRF 2022, the college was ranked 1st in North India and 7th overall in the BBA category. IMS was ranked 6th among the top 50 BBA colleges in the Times BBA Education Survey 2022. The college was also ranked the best BCA and Biotech institute in UP state by the CEGR survey in 2021.
It offers degrees in management, biosciences, business, and media studies subjects. It has BBA, BCA, and BJMC where students study the programs for 3 years. The management courses provide a complete understanding of theory and practises and give industry exposure. The BCA course helps in understanding the fundamentals of IT. The college also gives degrees in BSc honours in Biotechnology and Microbiology. If we look at the PG courses offered by the college, we will find M.Sc in Biotechnology and a Master's in International Business. These master’s degrees are 2-year programmes after completing graduation.
The courses here are designed in such a manner that students get both academic lessons and value-added programs. They also get placement assistance and get to attend conferences and seminars that enhance their skills and potential. The faculty members also help students in research activities and projects along with theory classes.
IMS UC Ghaziabad admits interested students through online and offline modes. Admission is given to the students on the basis of merit and group interaction. If candidates have a gap of 1 or 2 years after their 12th they need to submit the gap year certificate. Students who have appeared for their 12th board exams are also eligible to apply but the admission will only be confirmed after they clear their 10+2 exams. The following criterion is there to get admission to the college:
● BBA/ BCA/ BJMC: Students who are interested in these programs should have passed their 12th board exams with 45% (Gen/OBC) and 40% for SC/ST candidates.
● B.Sc Microbiology/ Biotechnology: Candidates who are seeking admission in these B.Sc honors courses should have studied PCM/ PCB/ Agri/ Biotech during their 12th class. The students from GEN/OBC category should have scored 45% and 40% are for SC/ST students.
● MIB (International Business): Graduate students from any stream are eligible to apply for this course. They should have managed to get 50% marks from the general category and 45% for SC/ST category.
● M.Sc Biotech: Students should have done their bachelor's degree in Biotech/ Zoology/ Chemistry/ Agri/ Botany. They should have got at least 50% (Gen) and 45% for SC/ST students.
The following documents are required for admission:
● Photocopies of 10th, 12th and graduation mark sheets
● Photocopies of all the passing certificates
● Photocopy of 12th admit card
● Photocopy of migration certificate, transfer certificate
● 4 passport size photos
● Photocopy of Aadhar Card
● Photocopy of caste certificate and domicile certificate
IMS UC Ghaziabad has different types of scholarships available during the course. These scholarships are only for the first year and adjusted in the fees.
Meritorious award: On the basis of merit and the director’s recommendations 3 students of BBA, BCA, and 1 BJMC student are considered under this. The scholarship is around 75,000 INR. Students should have at least got 90% in their 10th and 12th class to be eligible for this scholarship.
Academic Award: Students who are from other courses and have 80% in their secondary and higher secondary exams are also given 30K under this scheme.
Loyalty award for PG: Under the loyalty award, students of M.Sc (Biotech) are also eligible for 15K, and students of International Business will get the help of 65K.
A student whose sibling is already enrolled at IMS is also eligible for a 15K fee reduction. Any student whose parents are currently serving or have previously served in the armed forces will receive a 15K discount. Students who have won sports ranks/medals at the state/national/global levels will also be eligible for 20,000 INR scholarships.