Manipal University [MUJ], Jaipur Rajasthan was established in the year 2011 as Private University Educational Institute to provide higher education to build a career in the field of Engineering, Management and Humanities. MUJ is approved by the reputed UGC, BCI, COA, AICTE and DSIR, and is accredited by NBA and NAAC-A+. Management of MUJ Jaipur is working under Dr Ramdas M Pai (Chairperson).
Manipal University Jaipur is a really famous name in Jaipur in terms of academics. It got an invitation from the Rajasthan Government to set up a university in the capital city. In 2011, MUJ Jaipur was set up on Jaipur-Ajmer highway as a self financed state university. The campus in Jaipur came in 2011 but the legacy of Manipal is as old as 69 years. It is one of the best UGC approved campuses in the nearby region for students who want to pursue higher education. Manipal is an accredited college by the famous agency NAAC with an A+ grade and also got its approval from NBA. In NIRF rankings as well the college seems to be doing fine as it was ranked 75th in engineering category in 2022. It was able to get many awards in the category of cleanliness and it was also adjudged as best university in the state in the year 2022.
Manipal Jaipur offers many rich courses at UG, PG & PhD level in the Jaipur campus along with distance learning. It is giving quality education in higher studies to the people of Rajasthan state as the literacy rate is quite low in the area. It offers many degrees in the streams of engineering, fashion design, architecture, fine arts, and mass communication. The other courses that MUJ offers are in the field of science, commerce, humanities, and computer applications. The faculty members at Manipal Jaipur Campus are very competent and goal driven. They follow innovative methods and creative approaches to teach so that the students grow naturally. They promote students to grow a personality by making them participate in extra activities and sports.
The university has been in collaboration with 100 + international institutions in many segments and gave exposure and many job opportunities to the students. Many MUJ students are either studying higher education or working in European countries. The university nurtures the talent of students who are brilliant in academics, technology, art or sports.
Manipal University Jaipur follows different criteria for various courses that it offers at its campus.
For Indian students:
● Engineering courses: Manipal Entrance Test (MET) is a test taken by the Manipal itself for students who want to pursue degrees in engineering courses. The students should have also completed their higher secondary education in science stream with at least 50% aggregate. Students with valid JEE scores will always be admitted directly. For M.Tech students there is no entrance test, rather they are selected based on their B.Tech scores and personal interview.
● Architecture courses: Students for this 5 year degree course are admitted based on the national aptitude test for architecture conducted by the architecture council (COA), later they have to appear for the interview as well. For masters in architecture students are selected based on their portfolios and personal interview.
● For other courses and degrees: Students are selected based on their senior secondary marks and after giving a personal interview.
● For PhD programs: The students can either opt for 3-6 years as a full time or 4-6 as a part time as per their convenience. The university takes students twice a year for these courses. Students are selected based on their marks in the written test and interview conducted by the MUJ. Only those students who have either cleared any NET/ JRF exam conducted by UGC/CSIR will get a direct admission.
For Foreign Students:
To take admission in the engineering or any other stream at MUJ, foreign students should have passed their higher secondary or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks. The committee for foreign admissions recommends and admits based on the marks got by students in the qualifying exam.
The process to apply for any given course is simple as the students have to follow these simple steps;
● Go to the university website,
● Open the online portal for submission,
● Create the ID for login purpose and verify credentials,
● Choose the course interested in, upload all the needed docs,
● Fill the application form and submit it.
Manipal University Jaipur has been a great place for meritorious and bright students as it provides them with many scholarship options. The students can keep on receiving the scholarship if they continue to get good academic results in each semester. Let’s look at the list below to know about the scholarships offered by MUJ;
● TMA Scholarships: It will be given to the top 5000 rankers of the Manipal entrance test. If the parent’s annual income is up to 5, 00,000 students will get 100% scholarships. To get this scholarship every year students have to keep on getting 8 CGPA or above.
● Sir M V Scholarship: It is given to overall 10 engineering students under various criteria. Five scholarships on the marks of Manipal entrance test and rest 5 scholarships based on 10+2 marks. Under this scheme, students get a 25% scholarship on the annual fees.
● Rajasthan Merit Scholarships: This scholarship is only available to one resident of Rajasthan who has scored highest marks in his higher secondary exam (10+2). To keep on receiving this scholarship that student has to maintain 7.5 or above CGPA every year.
● Local Region Scholarships: The College is situated near Thikariya village and there are many small villages located in the vicinity. To promote the education and academic excellence it gives 2 scholarships from these villages. The student should be a meritorious one and his family income should be less than 7 lacs.
● Sports Persons: If anyone has represented India on international level he will receive full scholarship to do a degree at the college. Sports persons who have either participated at national or state level have also scholarship provisions.
● GATE qualified students get 15,000 per month, and to maintain it the M.Tech students have to keep getting 7.5 or above CGPA.
● Students who have either a single parent or orphan, are also liable to get some scholarship. The other category of scholarship is the children of martyr soldiers and defence personnel.
● Financial aid is also given to the students whose brother or sister is already a part of Manipal. Scholarships are also available for differently abled students.
|Institute Name||Manipal University, Jaipur|
|Approved/Recognised by||UGC, BCI, COA, AICTE, DSIR|
|Programmes offered||UG/ PG/ Doctorate/ M.Phil|
|Chairperson||Dr Ramdas M Pai|
|Address||Dehmi Kalan, Near GVK Toll Plaza,|
Jaipur - 303007 Rajasthan, India
|Contact Number||0141-3999100, 3999142|
|6 out of 50||2022 (State Private Universities)|
|8 out of 50||2021 (State Private Universities)|
|9 out of 50||2020 (State Private Universities)|
|Band-Performer||2021 (Private Technical University & Deemed to be University)|
Manipal Jaipur has a training and placement cell which helps students in getting good career and job options. It builds the required skills in students and gives them proper training on personality and career development. To nurture the young talent placement cell conducts industry related lectures, visits, interactions, and aptitude tests. The cell also gives classrooms training to CAT and GRE aspirants so that they can further excel in academics. The university also has an Entrepreneurship cell which helps the students who are working on their start ups. Students who are in their last year or semester also get the opportunity to undergo internships with prominent institutions or companies.
If we talk about the season 2021-22, more than 250 students were placed with a record as during this season many global companies visited the MUJ campus. Nutanix gave an offer of 30 lacs per annum which happened to be the highest during this season. Microsoft alone picked around 11 MUJ students and 30+ were chosen by Dell.
The average package that the students of Manipal receive every year is around 7.5 lacs per annum, after completing their degrees. If we look at the highest package ever received by the students of this university then it is Rs. 43 lacs per annum. Other recruiters that have shown their interests in campus placements are UltraTech Cement, Adobe, HSBC, Tata Power, Accenture etc.
Manipal Jaipur Campus has an infrastructure in more than 122 acres of land. It has the following facilities:
Library: The library at the MUJ is really interesting and is home to many international journals, e books, research papers. It is a place for all the bibliophiles and students who want to excel academically.
Laboratories: The labs at MUJ are high tech and equipped with all the software and hardware tools. The campus has semiconductor lab, microwave lab, VLSI embedded lab, climatology lab, photography lab etc. to give exposure to the students in their respective field.
Hostel: Students can also get hostel facilities in MUJ during their courses if they belong to the other districts or state. Hostel has sophisticated and safe environment for students with gym, study room, water supply with ac and non ac facilities. There are separate and sharing room facilities and different blocks for boys and girls. The hostels are so comfortable and clean that students feel home even if they are living far away from their homes.
Sports facilities: There are indoor and outdoor facilities available for students who are into sports and games including a sports club. The university even has their own motor racing track for the students who are riders or motorists.
Clubs: MUJ promotes creative art and recreational activities through many clubs. The university has drama, literature, music, technical, language and many other clubs for the activities.
Other facilities: Talking about the other facilities, the campus has Wi-Fi enabled facilities with more than 300 central computing facilities. Auditorium at the campus is also very spacious and constructed with all the audio and video facilities.
Manipal University Jaipur started as a Private Institute in the year 2011 to deliver higher education to the students. It aims at building a career in the fields of Humanities, Management, and Engineering. Manipal University affiliates with University Grants Commission. The University works under the management of Dr. Richa Arora who is serving as Director. The current president of the University is Padma Bhushan Awardee Dr. Ramdas M. Pai who is the Chancellor of the University.
It is the fifth university established by Manipal Global Education Services. It locates near the Dehmi Kalan Village, Tehsil Sanganer, Jaipur. Manipal University ranks 10th in the Top 10 Universities for Academic Excellence list, released by Higher Education Review Magazine. It has published recently in one of its reports the names of 25 Top Private/Deemed University Survey in 2016. The Ministry of Human Resource Development under Govt. of India under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 gave the deemed to be university status to MAHE.
Manipal University group began in 1953 with the inauguration of Kasturba Medical College. The University never looked back since then. It grew by establishing several Engineering Colleges, Pharmacy and Dental Colleges under various affiliations of other universities in 1957. Today the University circle consist of 20 institutes which include dental, medical, allied healthcare, engineering, pharmacy, management, nursing, hotel management, biotechnology, information science and architecture, and many others. The colleges offer Bachelor, Masters and Doctorate degrees in all these disciplines. About 17000 students get an education under the university and its constituent institutes.
The University has a large alumni base of over 65,000 including students from all over the world. Some of the international branches of the Manipal University are in Malaysia, Antigua, and Dubai. The Distance learning courses are also available under the university. The admissions to this university are through various entrance examinations like MU-OET for Engineering, Pharmacy, and Science. Exams like NATA, CMAT, CAT, XAT conducts for admissions to other courses. It has a long way to go.