Narula Institute of Technology [NIT], Kolkata West Bengal was established in the year 2001 as Private (Autonomous) Educational Institute to provide higher education to build a career in the field of Engineering, Management and Computer Applications. NIT is approved by the reputed AICTE, accredited by NAAC-A and NBA, and is affiliated with MAKAUT, Kolkata. Management of NIT Kolkata is working under Dr. Maitreyi Ray (Kanjilal) (Principal).
Narula Institute of Technology is a prestigious autonomous engineering and management NIRF-ranked college in the capital city of West Bengal. The college has NAAC "A" accreditation and courses approved by eminent NBA and AICTE institutions. The institute got autonomous status from Maulana Abdul Kalam Technology University, WB as per the UGC standards. The institute was able to receive several rankings by India Today and The Times of India. The college is one of the best private engineering colleges in Kolkata as it manages to maintain high-quality education standards.
The college has a full-time, 4-year undergraduate program in the engineering stream. The students can do CSE, ECE, IT, EE, and Civil Engineering here, and at least 60 seats are available in each course. The college has artificial intelligence and machine learning courses in computer science. M.Tech in CSE, Electrical, and Civil is available here along with MCA. The other courses that are being studied here are BBA, BCA, and BHM. If anyone wishes to study for a diploma in engineering, then there is 3-year courses offered here. The college also offers a bachelor of vocation in software development and graphics.
The institution is growing and advancing in the technological field with the help of institutes like NIT Sikkim and IIT Kharagpur. Meanwhile, it collaborates with the Asian Institute of Technology in Bangkok. It also has 500+ international publications and 20+ published books under the institute's name.
Narula Institute of Technology admits students in B.Tech (regular and lateral), M.Tech, BBA, BCA, and MCA. Students can get admission based on the score of the Common Entrance Test conducted by government organizations. The college has following criteria for the students to admit.
• B.Tech: A student has to qualify entrance exam for engineering degrees. The entrance exams are either is JEE (Mains) or WB Joint entrance exam. The least criteria that should be filled by a student are that he/she should have 10+2 with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects with 45% marks in these above-mentioned subjects. For B.Tech lateral entry, the candidate should have at least a diploma/B.Sc degree with 45% marks and a valid JELET score.
• M.Tech: The candidate should have a valid score on a GATE/PG entrance test or a common entrance test. The students should be having a graduation degree in the relevant field.
• MCA: Valid score on the WB JECA exam, which is an entrance test for MCA. Meanwhile, students should have studied maths either at 10+2 level or in their graduation degree.
• Diploma Courses: The students need to appear in the JEXPO exam and, after getting the required score; they will get admission to the college. Other than the JEXPO scorecard, students should have passed their 10th class with a 35% at least.
The students have to fill out the online form where they have to give general data and course details. Personal details, family details, and academic details are also filled in by the students. Furthermore, he/she can submit the form.
The list of documents required at the admission time is as follows:
• 10th, 12th/ Diploma mark sheets
• Graduation levels mark sheets (for masters students)
• Admit card and rank card of entrance exams based on which a student got admission
• 6 stamp size photos
• ID proof, caste certificate, domicile certificate.
Narula Institute of Technology has good scholarship schemes for its students who are either enrolled in UG or PG courses. The following is a list of scholarships offered by the institute:
• Free ship Scholarship: Students from low-income families receive full or partial Freeship scholarships. The students have to submit documents of family income that give an idea of their financial condition.
• UG Scholarship: The college gives a total of 60000 INR (10000 INR per semester) to students who have completed their diploma in engineering from Narula Institute itself.
• PG Scholarship: The institute offers 20% of the tuition fee to external students (they should have scored 7 or above DGPA in their last exam) for doing M.Tech. An assistance ship of 3000 INR is also made available for these students (civil engineers are not included). If the student has completed a B.Tech degree from this institute, they are also eligible for this scholarship.
• Sikh Scholarship: Financial aid is given to Sikh students who have a poor economic background. These students can get around 50% of their tuition fees as scholarships.
• North East States Scholarship Schemes: A 40K scholarship is awarded to students admitted to the B.Tech lateral entry programs from the NE region of India.
• Sibling Scholarship: 20% tuition fee for the student's immediate brother or sister who is currently studying or has previously studied at this institute for B.Tech, M.Tech, and MCA courses.
• Government Scholarships: The institute gives scholarships under the central and state schemes to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Some of these scholarships are the National Scholarship, PM Scholarship, Vivekananda Scholarship, WB Freeship, Vidhyalaxmi Scholarship, and Kanyashree Scholarships.
• Education Loan: The institute collaborates with Credenc where they can get easy loans without any effort. It gives digital loans, and a student can apply while sitting at home.
|Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata
|UG/ PG/ Diploma
|Dr. Maitreyi Ray (Kanjilal)
|81, Nilgunj Road, Agarpara, Kolkata - 700109, West Bengal, India
|201-250 out of 200
|201-250 out of 300
|201-250 out of 300
|2021 (Private Technical Institutes)
Narula Institute of Technology has got competitive placement for its students on campus. This entire process comes under the training and placement cell of the college. The cell has been in touch with many corporate bodies to bring the best job opportunities for its students. Tech Mahindra, Infosys, and TCS are a few corporations with which the college has worked. The cell was able to get the right placement for the candidates based on their skills and potential. The students are also educated about technological innovations through seminars and workshops. Field training is there to teach them more about the industries and their working styles.
The placement cell tries to create the largest campus interview opportunities so that students who are in the core engineering degrees get placements based on their potential. The cell focuses on the personality development of the students so that they can match the industry standards. The college curriculum helps students with technical aspects.
According to the statistics for 2022, the student received the highest salary offer of 27 lacs per annum. Placement is still going on in campus. The students are excelling in their careers as they get to join multinational companies like Accenture, Capgemini, IBM, Cognizant, and Amazon. Not only in the private sector, but students were also able to join the government sector after clearing the exams and interview rounds. There is a career counselling cell along with a cell for the preparation of competitive exams. Under the right guidance of teachers, students prepare for exams so that they can get dream jobs in the government sector.
Narula Institute of Technology has all the modern teaching equipment with an anti-ragging environment on campus. It has a women’s cell, which makes sure of the safety of women on the campus. The college has a student life centre that develops leadership and other qualities in students. The campus has a Sci-Tech club, a Maths club, a Literary Club, a Photography Club, Sports and Dance Club, a Drama and Music Club, and the most important a robotics club.
NSS: The College has a vision where they teach and build the minds of the students to serve society. NSS students at this institute take part in many programs to spread awareness by participating in these events. Cancer awareness programs, single plastic use programs, old age home visits, and old clothes distribution are the few initiatives that NSS students started.
Facilities: The facilities at the campus include labs, separate hostels for boys and girls with all the modern facilities and a gym. The college also has a canteen with many cuisines, and smart classrooms with all the audio and video equipment. There are seminar halls for guest lectures and a video conferencing room.