Budge Budge Institute of Technology - BBIT Kolkata Admissions 2023
Budge Budge Institute of Technology [BBIT], Kolkata West Bengal was established in the year 2009 as Private Educational Institute to provide higher education to build a career in the field of Engineering and Management. BBIT is approved by the reputed AICTE and UGC, accredited by NAAC and NBA, and is affiliated with MAKAUT, Kolkata. Management of BBIT Kolkata is working under Shri Jagannath Gupta (Chairman).
About Budge Budge Institute of Technology Kolkata
BBIT Kolkata is a technical college that came into existence in 2009. The college promotes co-curricular and recreational engagement among its students. It promotes self-discipline, imagination, and innovative thinking. The college has all the modern technology so that it can meet the industry demands. The college is accredited by NAAC and its B.Tech programs are approved by NBA.
The college offers a wide range of courses, including the MBA programme and B.Tech in ECE, CE, CSE, ME, and EE. The college also has 5 polytechnic diploma programmes in ETCE, CST, MECE, and EE. The M.Tech programmes in CSE and EE also started in the college a few years back.
Budge Budge Institute of Technology Admissions
The institute follows a transparent way to give admission to all students. The students can apply online in whatever stream they are interested in. The college follows the rules set up by AICTE, MAKAUT, and WBSCTE during the entire admission process.
The eligibility criteria are:
● Polytechnic diploma courses: These programs have received AICTE approval and are associated with WBSCTE. The students should have participated in JEXPO and passed their 10th board exam or an equivalent exam. The candidates must also have passed the 12th grade from the vocational education division of the West Bengal government. Also eligible are students who have completed two years of ITI. All 12th graders who studied physics and chemistry from any board are qualified to apply as well.
● B.Tech courses: These courses are AICTE-approved and affiliated with MAKAUT. Those who are looking to take admission in any of the B.Tech courses have a total of 45% total and 45% minimum in PCM subjects. The students have to mention their rank and the exams they have appeared in. The students have to appear for either WBJEE/ JEE Mains and based on the marks they are admitted. Students who want to come through lateral entry will get admission based on their merit and score on the JELET exam.
● M.Tech courses: Students who wish to enrol in the engineering master's programme may also submit an application here. Based on their GATE or other entrance test results, such as the P-GATE, they will be admitted.
● MBA courses: The MAT/ JEMAT and other exams are required for students who want to pursue a career in business administration. They are admitted based on their performance on these exams and must also have a bachelor's degree.
Budge Budge Institute of Technology Scholarships
Budge Budge Institute of Technology has government-sponsored scholarships. The scholarships and schemes listed below are open to students. They can check websites for more detailed info about these scholarships.
● SC/ST scholarship for candidates belonging to these backward classes
● Minority scholarships
● NHFDC scholarships are available for differently abled candidates
● Pragati & Skasham Scheme for special children who wants to do technical degrees
● WB student's credit card scholarship program is also there for the WB students for their education.
● Kanyashree scheme for girls who come from a very poor class of society.
Budge Budge Institute of Technology at a Glance
Budge Budge Institute of Technology, Kolkata
UG/ PG/ Diploma
Shri Jagannath Gupta
Nischintapur, Budge Budge,
Kolkata - 700137,
West Bengal, India
Budge Budge Institute of Technology helps students in giving placement assistance be it on or off campus. The institute has a large hall for pre-placement talks and written tests. The placement assistance cell helps in building the career of students by giving them the required help during the process. They give training to students to improve their English skills by conducting group discussions. The institute has an IIPC cell as well that calls many industries for conversation and interactions with students. The reputed professionals come and hold special programs so that students can get an idea about the industries and how they work in the real world. The college has many links with the industries which help in getting job offers. The placement cell creates opportunities by doing these things:
● Seminars and workshops are held regularly by many organisations to interact with students.
● Training programs where students get guidance from faculty members and alumni. The experts also come to have conversations with students about the field knowledge.
● Industrial training is given to students by the cell during vacations with an aim to give practical training.
The college teams up with Tata Power, BMW, TCS, Yazaki, Krypton, Innoraft, and Internshala. These businesses have come to campus, tested candidates through written and oral interviews, and hired students. The institute works with BSNL, Doordarshan, IOCL, NHPCL, C-Dac, AAI, and Tata Chemicals as training partners. According to the data on placement, more than 80% of students received job offers from various businesses. Adobe Systems provided a high salary of up to 22 lacs annually. At 10 LPA, BYJU hired students.
Budge Budge Institute of Technology Infrastructure & Facilities
BBIT Kolkata has good infrastructure in the 20 acres area. The college is in the capital city of WB and easily accessible by students. The college has smart classrooms with good furniture. The college has an audio-video visual facility and is connected with projectors. There is an amplifier in the classrooms by which the announcements are made if any. The entire campus is well connected with high-speed internet and wi-fi. The students can easily access and download news and everything they need.
The institute has a cafeteria where students and staff sit for interaction. The students can have snacks, food, and beverages in the café when they have breaks. They can also converse with the students and staff during break hours. The college has a facility for a free health check-up. Professional doctors are there for the checkups. There is a clinic where beds and wheelchairs are there to give assistance to the students and staff.
The college has on campus separate boys and girls hostels. The hostels have a meeting room where students can go and meet their guardians. The college has a mess where many cuisines are available. There is also a principal’s bungalow very near to the girls’ hostel. In this case, the safety of girls is increased more. The campus has a modern guest house where parents, faculties, and other visitors can stay.
There is an ATM and banking facility for staff and students. Students can easily apply for loans through the bank. The campus also has a worship place where all people from different religions come together.